Saturday, December 10, 2011

Safety matters

Today I had to work on my off day.  My current occupation allows me to interact with children sometimes, though most kids are scared of the police.

I digress...

Today I did a community relations function where I had to fingerprint children for their parents.  This brings up a valuable note of interest.  Safeguard your children.  If given the opportunity arises, get your children fingerprinted, DNA swabbed, and take up-to-date pictures of them, just in case.  Get all of that stuff and put it in the same place you put your car titles, mortgage/ deeds, birth certificates, and other important documents.  It is better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

As a father, it is our job to take the lead on the safety and security of the home.  Talk about fire drills, "what if" situations, stranger danger, and drugs.  Be active in who they are talking to, in person and online.  They depend on us to show them right and wrong, and this falls into that category.  So go hug your kids, keep them close, and pay attention.  Prepare for the worst but hope and pray for the best.

Side note:  Since today is Saturday, I find it appropriate to let everyone know that I will not post on Sunday.  That is my family day.  So see you on Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment