Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen.....

For fathers with sons:

So recently I have gained significant interest (and minimal knowledge) on the inner workings of being a gentleman.  No, not today's gentleman, with their attitude and depression issues, but a REAL gentleman.  How to dress, how to treat a lady, and most of all, how to act as a gentleman should.  Things that my father tried to tell me ("never let a door close in anyone's face" and "always carry two handkerchiefs: one in your back pocket for you; one in your front pocket for her").  I want to share one website that I have found very informative:

                                                   http://www.theartofmanliness.com

It is a great website to go to and just read.  It talks about everything from the boots to Brylcream, manners to mustaches.  I have registered my oldest son for daily emails and caught (wind of) him tonight using my aftershave (Old Spice, of course).  My middle son is next.  If they can read, they can learn to be a better man.

Unfortunately, I do not have a daughter to pass on advice to the fathers with them.  I, however, will find out some information and get back to you.  This I must research.  I can say, without a doubt, that men want ladies; women that they can be proud of, full of confidence and class.  I got that much.  But of course, if you are reading this, you already know that much too.

No comments:

Post a Comment